For the cake batter (makes about 12 pancakes 8-cm-diameter)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (170 g)
- 1/2 cup + 4 tbsp milk (180 g)
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar (15 g)
- 1 tbsp melted butter (20 g)
- 1 tsp baking powder (4 g)
- 1/2 tsp salt (3 g)
- 1 tbsp clarified butter for the pan (20 g)
For the topping
- 1 apple "Ambrosia", thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup yogurt (125 ml)
- maple syrup
Put all the ingredients for the cake batter in a large bowl and mix with a spoon until smooth. Let the batter sit for a few minutes.
Heat a medium size skillet (non-stick or cast iron) over medium heat and add 3 tsp of clarified butter.
Pour some cake batter (approximately 3 tbsp) in the heated pan. Wait until the top of the pancakes starts bubbling, then turn it upside down and cook until golden brown on both sides.
Repeat until the batter is used up. Each time add 1 tsp of clarified butter in the skillet.
Serve the pancakes hot, topped with apples, yogurt, seeds and lots of maple syrup.
This recipe is a collaboration with Mela Val Venosta